- Meet the college’s academic requirements for entrance
- Demonstrate English ability
- Be at least 15 years and 6 months of age when starting at the College
If you do not meet the minimum English language requirements for your program, you may instead register in a program combining academic studies with non-credit coursework in English, or in the College's Academic English as a second language program.
The University Transfer Program is open to students who have completed the course requirements for:
- Any of the five Foundation options at Columbia; or
- A BC Grade 12 Secondary Diploma elsewhere, with a minimum average grade of C in four academic Grade 12 subjects, including either English 12 or Communications 12
Applicants who have completed Senior Secondary in another province in Canada must have equivalent results.
Overseas candidates must present Senior or High School Matriculation results with a C or better average. Candidates presenting GCE results should have five passes, two of which should be at the Advanced level.
Students who require College Preparatory English courses (English 098, English 099 and/or Writing 099) should be prepared to spend one or more additional semesters to complete minimum transfer requirements.
For more details see school Calendar.