The College nurse (LPN) has her office in a fully-equipped First-Aid room. She is available to see students on a regular drop-in basis to provide treatment for minor ailments, to give health and nutrition advice, to give assistance to students in applying for medical insurance, and to direct students to health/medical resources in the community that they may require.
The College nurse also participates in Orientation, visits ESL classrooms, and publishes a monthly newsletter that provides information and advice on a wide variety of health and safety issues.
- Various pamphlets and information are available in the First Aid room
- Can provide information on support serices that are available in the Lower Mainland.
Medical Health Services, Registered Counsellors, Registered Psychiatrists and Registered Psychologists
Related links of health services
- Help to quit smoking: www.gosmoke free.com and www.quit4life.com
- National Eating Disorder Information Centre for Canadian Colleges and Universities: www.nedic.com
- Mental health: www.mentalwellnessbc.ca and www.wingofmadness.com
- Nutrition information: www.dialadietitian.org (primarily a telephone service for B.C.: 604-732-9191)
- Mental health and substance issues: www.heretohelp.bc.ca/schools