Are you looking for employment? As we start off the new semester at Columbia College, it’s not too early to get a head start on networking and finding a part-time job while studying. Even if the following employers that are visiting the College below don’t interest you or align with your career goals and academic studies, just even attending a session or two to understand what employers look for and what some common interview questions are can help you expand your knowledge about the job application process!
Here’s a list of Career Services events happening at CC in September:
September 13th, 11:00am to 2:00pm at the Main Floor Entrance: PeopleReady Info Booth
- PeopleReady are recruiting part-time staff for the Cirque du Soleil show hosted in Vancouver. This is a wonderful opportunity for students to work in an exciting environment from September 25th to December 15th. Pay rate ranges from $16 to $25. Hiring roles range from Box Office Clerk, Concierge, and Merchandise Clerk, to many more.
September 17th, 11:00am to 12:30pm in Room 416: RCMP Info Session
- Interested in pursuing a career in Law Enforcement with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)? Come meet with the recruiters from the RCMP and learn about the qualifications required for policing. All students interested in law enforcement and policing careers are encouraged to attend this info session.
- Please visit RCMP’s career page for more information: www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/careers
September 18th, 12:00pm to 1:00pm in Room 416: Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) Info Session
- Are you a student in the Sciences who would like a career in making a difference in the health and safety of all Canadians? Come meet the recruiters from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and learn about the qualifications needed to work with Canada’s largest science-based regulatory agency.
- Please visit CFIA’s career page for more information: www.inspection.gc.ca/about-the-cfia/cfia-jobs/
September 19th, 10:30am to 11:00am info session in Room 416 and 11:00am to 12:00pm info booth on the Main Floor: Strive Living Society Info Session and booth
- Come speak with recruiters from Strive Living Society about available positions within their organization. Strive Living Society works to design and deliver high standards of community living services. Students who wish to work in Social Services are highly encouraged to attend.
- Please visit Strive Living Society’s career page for more information: striveliving.ca/get-involved/work-with-us/
September 20th, 1:00pm to 1:45pm in Room 416: Correctional Service of Canada Info Session
- Passionate about making a difference in your community and in people’s lives? Correctional Service of Canada offers careers in over 30 professions, including corrections, health care, and administration. Students interested in law enforcement and social services careers are encouraged to attend this info session.
- Please visit Correctional Service of Canada’s career page for more information: www.csc-scc.gc.ca/careers
September 24th, 12:00pm to 1:00pm in Room 416: Paladin Security Info Session
- Interested in an exciting career in Security? Come meet recruiters from Paladin Security and learn about the qualifications needed to work as a Security Guard. Students interested in finding part-time employment at Paladin Security are encouraged to attend this info session.
- Please visit Paladin Security’s Career page for more information: https://paladinsecurity.com/careers/
September 26th, 11:00am to 3:00pm on the Main Floor entrance: H&R Block Info Booth
- Interested in building your career in the tax industry? H&R Block will be sharing career opportunities as well as training courses. Part-time careers with H&R Block will be shared with students through an info booth.
- Please visit H&R Block’s career page for more details: www.hrblock.ca/our-company/careers/
All students are welcome to attend these sessions and booths. This is a wonderful opportunity to network and meet recruiters from various industries so don’t miss out!
If you are interested in attending these events or if you have any further questions, email Linus Leow the Career Services Advisor at [email protected]. Drop-ins are also welcome!