Gain work experience in Canada and make connections in the community while pursuing your education.
International students holding a valid Study Permit at the post-secondary level in Canada are allowed to work off-campus on a part-time basis for up to 20 hours per week during the semester.
Learn more about off-campus employment eligibility for international students here.
Last updated: September 21, 2021
Below you can find current opportunities shared by our partners.
There are also over 300 companies across the country are currently hiring at this time in various industries and sectors. Please click here for the spreadsheet with details on the organizations, industry & contact information.
Canada Area Manager Intern West
This is a ten-week internship (40 hours per week) during the summer of 2022.
Amazon is looking for college students with high-potential, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations as an area manager intern. As a people manager, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a collaborative leadership style, while utilizing the tools, processes, and operations that have helped create the most customer-centric company on Earth. If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, are energetic, and an organized self-starter, apply to join our team in Amazon Operations as an area manager! Amazon provides extensive training and development for interns to learn to become exceptional people leaders. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
Read more and apply through here: www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1641629/canada-area-manager-intern-west
Barry’s Vancouver hiring for Front of House and Facilities staff
Barry’s is the Best Workout in the WorldTM®. Founded in West Hollywood in 1998, it’s the original strength and cardio interval fitness experience that provides an immersive, high-intensity, one-hour workout that’s as effective as it is fun. Our fitness classes alternate between working out with weights and
running on a treadmill. Each day focuses on a different muscle group in order to achieve real results and to prevent injuries. Our program is designed to tone muscle and maximize fat loss, while spiking the metabolism for up to 48 hours following the class.
The studio will be located Downtown Vancouver. If you are a successful candidate we will be holding interviews downtown Vancouver August 2021.
View job descriptions:
Please send your resume to [email protected]
Berrymobile Hiring for Warehouse Assistants and Delivery Drivers
Berrymobile is a Vancouver-based distribution and marketing company, promoting fresh local fruit produced by B.C. farms to retailers across the Lower Mainland. We are Fresh Experts and we want you to join our team of hardworking, passionate people at our growing business.
Please view job descriptions below for more details and information to apply:
Please submit your application to Emily Hallam, Human Resources Associate, at [email protected]
CBI Health Hiring for positions in Healthcare
CBI Health is one of Canada’s leaders in the healthcare industry with 250 locations across the country. As one of the largest healthcare networks in Canada, we’re proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member and Canada’s 10 Most Admired Company Cultures. We have career openings within physiotherapy, kinesiology, occupational therapy, and mental health/behavioural therapy. We also seek for nurses, health care aides, and personal support workers.
Open positions at CBI Health:
Chungchun Rice Hotdog Canada Hiring for Various Positions
“Chungchun Rice Hotdog Canada” has started its first branch in Finch, Toronto and now 7 branches are open including Vancouver and Montreal. Currently, the company continues to grow rapidly, expanding the business through franchises all over Canada. Currently hiring at the Robson & Denman location.
General and Skilled Labourers needed at EMBERS
Are you hardworking and reliable? At EMBERS, we hire full-time and part-time workers for construction sites in and around the Greater Vancouver area. We have various general and skilled labour positions available, so apply today!
You can work as many days as you want, Monday through Saturday, and we will lend you the protective equipment you need for free. We have offices in Vancouver, Surrey, New Westminister, and Fraser Valley/ Abbotsford.
Workers must be
– Punctual and reliable
– Good communicator with a positive attitude
– Legally able to work in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number
EMBERS Staffing Solutions is Canada’s only non-profit staffing company with a social purpose. As a staffing company that focuses on people over profit, when you join the EMBERS team, you get:
– Competitive wages, including possibility for raises
– Extended health benefits after six months
– Opportunity to earn more money through additional training for the right candidates
– Free equipment lending library
– Free breakfast in the morning
If you have any questions or concerns, please email [email protected]
Apply here if interested: http://emberscanada.org/apply/
Flywire is hiring for Part-time Payment Experience Associate (Remote position)
We, at Flywire, are seeking a Part-time Payment Experience Associate.
Payment Experience roles at Flywire are not your typical ‘support’ roles. As the first point of contact at Flywire, you will be equipped with broad knowledge of Flywire’s core business capabilities, which alongside your positive attitude and the support of our amazing global team, allows you to troubleshoot any aspect of our payer’s problems. We pride ourselves in offering payers near 24/7 support and are currently looking for a part-time associate to expand our weekend coverage.
See job description here: Payment Experience Associate – Part-Time
Send your resume & cover letter to Victoria Stephens, Client & Payment Experience Manager, at [email protected]
Hollyburn Family Services is hiring for Youth and Behavioral Support Workers
We are Hollyburn Family Services, an industry leading organization that provides quality residential programs, counselling and support services to children, youth, and families since 1990. We value the uniqueness of each individual and their inherent capacity for growth. We rely on our core values to create a trusting and safe environment free from harassment and discrimination for our team and for our clients. We treat our employees, clients, and community with fairness, dignity and respect, and as such strive to hire and build a team reflective of these values. We are proud to have a diverse team, all of whom have unique abilities which to enrich the lives of their clients.
View all of Hollyburn’s Family Services job postings here: www.indeedjobs.com/hollyburn-family-services
Claims Administrators – Full-time
International Programs Group (IPG) is an independent third-party claims administration team that provides claims services for Lloyd’s, self-insured entities, and organizations with high deductibles. We are currently seeking Claims Administrators to report into our offices in New Westminster, BC.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 diploma required; however, a post-secondary diploma in Office Administration will be given preference
- Previous insurance claims experience a definite asset
- 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative support role is required
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- All other computer applications – must have the aptitude and ability to learn as required
Competencies Required to Succeed:
- Previously demonstrated ability to execute high attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities and proven organizational skills
- Demonstrated behaviours showing initiative and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated professionalism and work ethic
- Proven ability to contribute to and work well within a team environment as well as independently
- Receive, review, triage and accurately open new client claims in our claim database
- Accurately enter claims and financial data in various client databases and reconcile with our internal claims system
- Prepare financial and data reports as required
- Create client loss runs and liaise with clients to clarify and confirm needs
- Ensure policy declarations are accurate and interact with clients as required to obtain appropriate set up documents
- Troubleshoot data conflicts directly with clients and examiners
- Ensure claims are opened in a timely manner and in conformity with client data standards by researching and understanding the nuances of loss report details
- Other duties as assigned such as: processing incoming and outgoing mail (regular and courier), financial recording of recovery cheques received, answering telephones, general services required to assist smooth operation of the office
Full-Time Field Sales Representative and Merchandiser with Kruger Products
At Kruger Products we have a shared vision for greatness. We manufacture some of North America’s most popular tissue brands – Cashmere®, Purex®, Scotties®’, SpongeTowels®, White Cloud®, as well as products for use away from home. We always want to do better for our customers and our world. The awards we’ve earned remind us that our hard work and commitment to doing the right thing pays off. But they aren’t what keep us going. It’s the people who work here, who believe in what we do – and how we do it that truly matters.
The Field Sales Representative will work collaboratively with our retail customers to maximize the presence of Kruger Product brands. You will be responsible for the in-store execution of assigned priorities; Merchandising, Promotions and Sales, working independently in your territory.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Must have 1-3 years of retail sales and/or merchandising experience working in the Grocery, Mass and Drug retail trade
- Valid Driver’s License
- A car or reliable, consistent access to a car
- Post-secondary degree from either a University or College preferred
- Proficiency in a PC/Windows environment: Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy working in a competitive business environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- The incumbent must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be available for limited travel
Lowes and Rona is hiring for the summer!
Lowe’s and RONA are looking for passionate people who wants to work for a top employer that is providing a stimulating and inclusive environment where everyone is encouraged to harness their talents. We are looking for part-time and full-time associates in our corporate stores.
We have completely reviewed and adapted our hiring process considering the current context. We have implemented measures to protect the health and safety of all.
For the majority of the positions, experience is no required, we will provide training.
Go to lowescanadahiring.ca to complete a pre-recorded video interview when it is most convenient for you or to schedule an in-person interview at the store of your choosing. You can also simply drop by the store and ask to speak with a person in charge of hiring.
Virtual Career and Post-Secondary Event
Career and Post-Secondary Education Events have proven to become a vital part of the marketplace today, giving opportunity for people to explore all options, while allowing the employers to really promote why an individual would consider opportunity with their company. The number and diversity of participating organizations speaks to the necessity of the Career Events in today’s job market space and Black Press is happy to play a significant role in changing the future landscape of the recruitment needs.
LIST OF SOME AVAILABLE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Corrections Officer
- General Labour
- Shipping & Warehouse Worker
- Sortation Associate
- Auto Glass Installers
- Registered Nurse
- Skilled Labourer
- Skid Steer Operator
- Warehouse Positions
- Courier Drivers
Date: July 6 to July 9
Register here: https://events.blackpress.ca/lowermainland/
Machobear Studio Hiring For Marketing & Sales Positions
Machobear Studio is an established tech start-up based in Vancouver. We are the creators of liv.rent, a platform that connects tenants with landlords (check us out at www.liv.rent and in the App store!).
We are growing and are on the lookout for a highly motivated Junior Marketing Assistant to support our WeChat marketing campaigns with researching, planning, and coordinating content. This is a great opportunity for students and new grads who are interested in working at a tech start-up!
We are also looking for a highly motivated Sales Development Representative to join our growing team. We are looking for someone with a strong passion to succeed, a sincere desire to offer clients the total solution, and want to work with a world class team.
Please send your resume to [email protected]
Teaching Assistant – Relief Instructor (Remote position)
HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Teaching Assistant – Relief Instructor on behalf of our client, Make A Change Canada. Working as part of a student-focused and highly interactive educational team, the ideal candidate would enjoy mentoring and coaching others, has great communication skills, is highly organized, and has well-rounded experience in the Information Technology/Web Development and Design sector. Experience in the instruction of others and curriculum design and development are assets.
This is a remote position and arranged on a contract basis. Reporting to the CEO/Dean of Educational Programs, the duration of this position is for four (4) to six (6) months (depending on the date of hire), with the possibility of extension. Additional opportunities for teaching may be available to the successful candidate in future program intakes.
This role is suitable for alumni*
Read more about the posting here: HRPP0602 – Teaching Assistant – Relief Instructor – June 2021
Deadline to apply is June 18, 2021. Send your resume to [email protected]
Milieu Family Services Hiring for Community Support Workers
Consider advancing your career by joining Milieu, a province wide social service provider. Milieu is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals. Our agency believes a diverse workforce will enhance our ability to fulfill the mission to empower and support people as valued, contributing citizens in communities.
We are seeking highly motivated, qualified candidates with a background in supporting people with developmental disabilities, child and youth care, mental health or addictions, who enjoy challenging and life changing work that fosters community inclusion for persons served. We are also seeking contracted shared living providers who are thoughtful, enthusiastic, exercise good judgement and thrive on supporting people to have the greatest quality of life.
Please visit here for more information on open positions within Milieu: milieu.ca/adults/careers/
Full-time and Part-time Security Guard positions with Paladin Security
Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.
Our current opportunities include full-time and part-time positions in hospitals and healthcare facilities, government buildings, post-secondary campuses, shopping centers, office towers, mobile alarm response drivers, warehouses, and more!
Find the latest openings at Paladin Security through their job search portal.
Hiring for Customer Service Agent with a TOP RATED employer with fantastic opportunities
*No experience necessary* As a Customer Service Agent for Park West Professional Services you will be fully trained on how to provide exceptional customer service online and over the phone to our customers. The future of financial products means customers do not need to go into their bank they can go online and you will be a part of this future.
• Office hours: Flexible work schedules with Full-Time, Part-Time and Casual shifts available
• Location: West Vancouver (Park Royal Mall) *Free parking and close to the bus loop/station*
• Remote work: Not for new employees
• Salary: Starting at $1340.75 twice a month + Commission and Bonuses
• Commission: YES! A 3rd paycheck EVERY MONTH guaranteed with your bonuses and commissions to significantly increase your pay.
• Perks: Daily commission + performance bonuses + games, contests and awards
• Benefits: Medical and Dental after 90 days of Employment
• Training and Education: No experience necessary. We will complete all training on the job.
Click here for job description: Customer Service Agent Job Description
General Labourer at Pristine Labour
Pristine Labour is a temp work agency in Vancouver, offering skilled labour to clients in the Lower Mainland for warehouse, construction and other related. Pristine Labour is always looking for temporary labourers of all experience levels (including ticketed carpenters) to work with our national clients. If you are handy with a broom, can swing a hammer or use a shovel, and want to work in the construction industry, contact us! We have work for you! We also have work for those interested in working in manufacturing or warehousing. What we offer is a friendly team to assist you to not only find work, but to keep you working. Moving from client to client, you get the opportunity to experience many different work sites, and to meet lots of travelers and friendly local Canadians
Please click here to view job description: Construction Worker Job Description
Go to this link to apply: www.pristinelabour.com/jobseekers/
Purdys Chocolatier Hiring for Entry Level Roles
Customer Support Representative (35 openings)
• Call Centre environment to support Fundraising and Group Savings programs
• Info session and interviews through July and August
• Full time contract, Monday to Friday during business hours
• Start date is ASAP, last start date on Aug 30
• End date – Dec 10, could be extended Easter season up to April 2022
Casual General Help (40+ openings)
• Hands-on role in the factory and warehouse
• Full time contract, Monday to Friday in morning or afternoon shifts
• Start dates every 2 weeks, end in mid-December (or earlier if necessary, and contacts may be extended)
• Many openings available – aiming for 15 new hires every orientation
Chocolate Sales Connoisseur
• Part time positions, usually up to 20 hours per week
• If candidates want to work in a retail store, I recommend that they drop off a resume at their preferred location. Each store does their own hiring and it makes you stand out if you meet the manager in person.
• Even if the shop is not actively hiring, it doesn’t hurt to drop off a resume. They will keep it for the next time they hire.
All jobs posted at www.purdys.com/careers
Opportunities at Quest Food Exchange
Quest assists individuals each month through partnerships with local social service agencies by providing their clients with access to our not-for-profit grocery markets and by delivering raw food materials to agencies for their own meal programs. In this manner, those helping Quest are also helping hundreds of other agencies and their clients. Please visit www.questoutreach.org for more information about Quest Food Exchange.
The Grocery Market Cashier/Clerk is responsible for tallying client totals, and ensuring accurate financial transaction; customer service including assisting shoppers, suggesting products; maintaining the stock levels and shelf displays; maintaining current pricing and signage; preparation and cleanliness of the Grocery Market for daily operations and client shopping.
Location: 2020 Dundas Street, Vancouver, BC
Full job description can be found here: Grocery Market Cashier-Clerk job description
The Warehouse Associate reports to the Logistics and Distribution Centre Manager in all aspects of warehouse operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures products are safely loaded and unloaded.
- Able to lift heavy objects repeatedly – 25 lbs.
- Building pallets to send out to different locations
- Ensures products are stored in a safe and efficient manner
- Compliant with security procedures and health & safety.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Previous warehouse experience
TRAINING AND EXPERTISE:
- 1 year experience as a Warehouse Associate
- Pallet Jack Certification will be an asset
- Driver’s License will be considered an asset
- Experience driving 3 and 5 ton trucks will be considered an asset
- Food Safe Certificate Level 1 will be an asset
- Standard First Aid will be an asset
Please send your resumes to Sandra Mora at [email protected]
SAP Internship Positions
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, SAP remain true to their roots. That’s why SAP engineers solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with employees. SAP knows that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps competitive and provides opportunities for all. SAP believes that together people can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Full-time internships at SAP generally require 8 months of commitment. Students who graduated from Columbia College with an Associate degree will be eligible to apply for these full-time internship positions within 6 months of graduation.
Statistics Canada’s Census Jobs
Statistics Canada is currently hiring approximately 32,000 people for census enumerator and crew leader positions across Canada. Be part of a great undertaking and join our 2021 Census team! The census paints a portrait of Canada’s population and the places where we live. Information from the census will ensure that your community has the data it needs for planning schools, daycare, housing, hospitals, emergency services, roads, public transportation, and employment skills training.
Approximately 32,000 people will be hired across Canada to assist in census data collection activities.
If you can answer “yes” to all of the questions below, we want you to come work with us!
Are you 18 years of age or older?
Are you a Canadian citizen, or otherwise eligible to work in Canada?
Are you flexible and available to work from 20 to 40 hours per week?
Learn more about this opportunity and apply here if interested: https://census.gc.ca/jobs-emplois-eng.htm
T&T Hiring for Temporary and Permanent Positions
At T&T, we are proud to continue supporting our community as an essential service during this unprecedented time. Join T&T and move forward together with us. We take great pride in serving and giving back to our community where help is needed most.
Please fill up an application form here: www.tntsupermarket.com/joinus/jobs/form/
UPS Hiring for Package Handlers
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
View the job description here: Package Handler – Vancouver Night Sort
Current open positions are posted on UPS job posting where the students can apply directly through the online platform: Working at UPS Canada (jobs-ups.ca)
Sales Representative (Body Shop) with Würth Canada
Würth Canada is a subsidiary of the Würth Group, a world market leader in its core business, the sale of assembly and fastening materials. It consists of over 400 companies in more than 80 countries and has over 77,000 employees. Over 33,000 of these are employed as sales representatives, with over 460 sales representatives in Canada. Our goal at Würth Canada is to be the leader in our industry by setting standards, which always exceed the expectations of our customers and employees. Our products enable our customers to be efficient and ultimately more productive and profitable.
What YOU will bring to this role:
- You excel in a customer-centric culture and work to enhance customer loyalty and improve business growth.
- You are hungry for success, knowledge, and are curious by nature
- You are a self starter who likes to work in a fast pace environment
- You have a passion for learning and are eager for further development in a sales environment
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and a clear drivers abstract