Health and Safety

What to Do if You Think You Have COVID-19

If a student has a respiratory infection, they are asked to contact a clinic for direction (811). Students who are ill and not able to attend or participate in online classes, are to  fill out a self-declaration form at and contact their Instructor. Staff from the College will be in touch with each student once the self-declaration form is submitted. 

The BC Ministry of Health has developed a self assessment tool that will help determine whether a student may need further assessment or testing for COVID-19. Students can complete this assessment for themselves, or on behalf of someone else. Please visit:  

We are in constant contact with health professionals and we are doing everything we can to keep the community safe, including homestay families who are in close contact with our students. Please visit: 

The province has a launched a new non-medical information line for British Columbians who have questions about COVID-19: 1-888-COVID19. Phone lines are open 7 days a week from 7:30 AM to 8 PM, and information is available in more than 110 languages. 

Frequently Asked Questions for Inbound Students on

For students who are on, be assured that all the provisions of policies for inbound (to Canada) coverage remain in force and there are no special conditions or exclusions due to the prevalence of the virus. More information about coverage during this time can be found at’s Travelling to Canada FAQs.