This scholarship is intended to provide youth who have demonstrated academic aptitude and a commitment to success, who are facing barriers, with an opportunity to access a higher education.
Students must be a new applicant to Columbia College. Successful recipients will be selected from regions around the world where there are significant, ongoing, and systemic barriers to higher education.
In the inaugural year, the scholarship will provide 6 students with C$5,000 (covering approximately 9 credits) to use towards their tuition fees at Columbia College between May and August 2021.
• Students with an Offer of Admission in the University Preparatory, University Transfer or Associate Degree program for May 2021 intake
• Students with a minimum IELTS overall band of 6.0 (writing band at least 5.5) or equivalent
• Students with a minimum average of 85% or equivalent in final Grade 12 result
How to apply
• Applicant is required to complete the Student section of the ‘Columbia College Entrance Scholarship Application Form’ below.
• Applicants need 2 references. Both referees should submit the Referee Section of the ‘Columbia College Entrance Scholarship Application Form’ below individually.
Application deadline for May 2021 intake is April 16, 2021
Recipients will be notified by email by April 23, 2021