Computer Science 165
Introduction to the Internet and the World Wide Web
Length of Course: 14 weeks
Classroom Hours Per Week: 4 hours lecture, 1 hour lab.
Corequisite: English 098
Text: CMPT 165 Study Guide, SFU, 2010, Greg Baker; W3Schools; W3C Terms defined; Think Python, website; The Non-Designer’s Design Book, 4th ed. Robin Williams, 2014.
- Structure of the Internet and basics of networking
- How web pages are created
- Fundamentals of website development
- Markup (XHTML/HTML5)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Creating/editing graphics and Images
- Webpage design principles
- Basics of web programming
- Web Programming with Python
- Visual design skills
- Graphics, Digital Media, and Multimedia
Note: This schedule is intended to provide only a rough guide to the topics covered in this course. The ordering of topics may be changed by the instructor.
Yvonne Yang, B.Sc. (Hunan), Ph.D. (Paris)