Job Openings, Career Fairs and Networking Events
LifeSciences BC Career Connect Day presented by BioTalent Canada
LifeSciences BC is pleased to announce our first annual Career Connect Day presented by BioTalent Canada. This event will help connect life sciences companies and organizations from across the sector with access to talent. This event will be one of the key events in the life sciences community calendar and feature dynamic speakers, a job fair and networking with key members of the life sciences sector.
To maximize the networking opportunities, attendees will be able to connect virtually to arrange meetings through the LifeSciences BC Event App.
This event will be held at the Sheraton Wall Centre in the Pavilion Ballroom and will allow attendees to network for four hours while also offering a buffet lunch for attendees. Presentations will be focusing on careers and funding programs in the life sciences sector.
Date/Time: January 18th, 2020, 11:00am – 3:00pm
Location: Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, Pavilion Ballroom, 1000 Burrard Street Vancouver, BC
Register here on Eventbrite if interested in attending. Students are able to attend for FREE.
CIBC Careers Open House Metrotown
CIBC is currently looking for Financial Services Representatives, Senior Financial Services Representatives and Financial Advisors (who have completed Investment Funds in Canada (IFIC) or Canadian Securities Course (CSC), to join our team. Please join us at our Open house event for the opportunity to interact in-person with the local leaders, managers and recruitment consultants and know more about current and future career opportunities at CIBC.
- Date: Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Time: 4:00 pm & 5:30 pm (please select one and mention in RSVP email)
- Location: Metrotown Banking Centre , 4755 Kingsway, Burnaby , BC V5H4W2
- Please bring your resume and cover letter to this event
If you have completed Investment Funds in Canada (IFIC) or Canadian Securities Course (CSC), please apply online and RSVP Guneet Kaur via email at [email protected] mentioning your accreditation and preferred time slot to get your registration confirmed. Limited spots available.
PICS Mega Job Fair Vancouver 2020
The renowned PICS Mega Job Fair is coming to Vancouver once again! The Mega Job Fair has taken place for over 10 years and is a highly successful event in the Lower Mainland. Thousands of attendees and numerous exhibitors participate each year, making this day a productive and fun filled experience for everyone who attends.
This event benefits both job seekers and employers. Job seekers are able to explore career options with employers such as retailers, restaurants, service providers, banks, credit unions and crown corporations; while employers are able to meet and recruit motivated candidates. The event further serves as a great opportunity to network and build brand awareness. PICS Mega Job Fair Vancouver 2020 will be a grand affair, and we look forward to seeing you there!
For more information on the event and to see a list of exhibitors and workshops, you can visit megajobfair.pics.bc.ca.
Date / Time: Thursday, February 6, 2020, 10:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Location: Croatian Cultural Centre, 3250 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC
Register on Eventbrite if interested in attending.
SAP Internship Positions
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, SAP remain true to their roots. That’s why SAP engineers solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with employees. SAP knows that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps competitive and provides opportunities for all. SAP believes that together people can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Full-time internships at SAP generally require 8 months of commitment. Students who graduated from Columbia College with an Associate degree will be eligible to apply for these full-time internship positions within 6 months of graduation.
PeopleReady hiring a Staffing Specialist
We are currently recruiting for the position of Customer Service Representative for our Vancouver, BC.
What you’ll do as a Customer Service Representative is perform a variety of tasks that could include either opening or closing for the day.
- Act as a goodwill ambassador to our clients and our temporary associates.
- Assist with dispatch by preparing work tickets, distributing safety equipment, selecting associates for job assignments, and directing them to the job site location.
- Create a legendary customer experience at every interaction and look for ways to contribute to the ongoing improvement of the overall branch customer experience.
- Build business relationships with customers and temporary associates while providing excellent customer service.
- Assist new applicants with the employment process, answer questions and qualify potential temporary associates for eligibility to work.
- Input, maintain and follow-up on accounts receivable. Process credit applications and set credit limits.
- Follow up with customers on outstanding invoices.
- Assist in temporary associate payout and process payroll from completed work tickets
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 to 2 years appointment setting, retail sales, B2B sales and/or telemarketing experience a plus.
- Highest commitment to quality customer service.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong computer skills; Ability to learn and work with new programs.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work with a team and unsupervised.
- High school diploma or GED required; One year of college or technical training preferred.
- MUST have a vehicle to perform site visits or do site surveys.
Pay rate is 18-20 an hour + benefits. Please send resume to [email protected] if interested in applying.
Part-time Fundraiser with Public Outreach
Do you have skills in communication and teamwork? Are you looking for a job that doesn’t interfere with your studies? If yes, Public Outreach is for you! We know that it can be hard for students to juggle class and work schedules, so if you are a student willing to develop your skills while making a difference in the world, Public Outreach offers you a job that is new and refreshing compared to your average student job. You will be able to adapt your work schedule to your class schedule.
With Public Outreach, you will be fundraising for NGOs and your role with Public Outreach is simple: help charities finance their projects on the ground and change the face of the world with your work every day. The job is perfect for anyone with a passion for humanitarian and social causes. No matter your level of experience, no matter where you come from.
Join our team today, and work in a diverse, inclusive, positive and fun environment.
What Public Outreach offers:
● $18 /hr, regular salary increases
● Career growth opportunities
● Flexible: work the days you choose
● Workplace near public transport, no cars needed
● Interest in humanitarian causes
● Flare for conversation and face to face interactions
● Inspired by challenges
● Energy, positive attitude and team spirit
With or without experience, paid training is offered to make sure you are on top of your game.
Apply online at: career.publicoutreachgroup.com/
Check us out online:
Glassdoor : @PublicOutreach
Insurance Salesperson with Capital West Insurance
Capital West Insurance is seeking an Insurance Sales Person. This is a professional position that requires licensing in BC, the right candidate would be provided training and guidance on how to obtain the insurance license. The position would entail working in our office, dealing with clients and selling insurance products (primarily auto insurance/ICBC) and would be required to do other office duties as required (filing, mailing, answering calls etc).
This opportunity is only for our Maple Ridge and Langley locations, although we do have other locations based on our operations we are able to support/employ the students only at Maple Ridge and Langley locations.
What We Offer:
- Great opportunity to gain knowledge and valuable experience in the insurance industry
- Flexible hours (16+ hours per week)
- Training for ICBC Autoplan, as well as to be trained in further insurance related lines
What We Expect:
- Level One License Eligibility
- Ability to provide superior customer service with clients
- Ability to multi task, excellent communication skills & Computer Skills (Microsoft Office)
- Work location is Langley and/or Maple Ridge offices
Submit your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Behavior Interventionist with Imago Learning and Behaviour Services
Currently seeking a part-time behaviour interventionist to join our team at Imago Learning and Behaviour Services. Our agency provides assessment and individualized programming to children with autism or other developmental disabilities in the Lower Mainland Area. The selected individual will work directly with clients to help them acquire skills in areas such as language, social interactions, academics, and daily living skills, and to reduce challenging behaviour. This is an excellent opportunity for those working towards BACB certification (RBT, BCaBA,BCBA) and looking for quality training and supervision from a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst.
Interested candidates should be fluent in written and spoken English, have a valid BC driver’s licence, be 19 years of age or older, have a background in education, psychology, or other related discipline, and complete a criminal record check. Please send your resume and a cover letter to: [email protected]
Communications Assistant with Rungh
Rungh features work by Indigenous, Black and People of Colour artists and creators. Rungh features a magazine, events, programming, and an active archive.
The Communications Assistant is a part-time contract which pays $20 per hour. Between 10 to 20 hours per month. The main tasks are to design, produce content for, and publish, a monthly newsletter. Some social media outreach is also required (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook).
The successful applicant will possess:
- excellent writing and editing skills
- a keen eye for detail
- be self motivated and able to set timelines and meet deadlines
- be familiar with the cultural communities that Rungh features
- communicate clearly
Please check this job posting for more information: rungh.org/samachar/job-opening-communications-assistant
Behavioural Interventionist with Monarch House
Monarch House is currently looking for FUN, responsible, dedicated and creative individuals to work as a behaviour interventionist with children 2-6 years of age with developmental disabilities and Autism. You will work as a valued member of an interdisciplinary team which includes another awesome behaviour interventionist, a Board Certified Behaviour Consultant, a Speech and Language Pathologists, and an Occupational Therapist. You need to have strong play skills, a positive attitude, and lots of energy and patience. You are a good multitasker, are organized, encouraging, enthusiastic, and responsible. You need to be able to take constructive feedback and implement it immediately. You will receive initial and ongoing training and development from all three disciplines (BC, SLP & OT). Once you have been with Monarch House for 6 months, you will be provided with 40 hours of Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) training and you will be eligible to complete the competency assessment and register with the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board as a Registered Behaviour Technician.
Please have a look at the following job posting: Behavioural Interventionist position
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Sairose Kassam (Recruitment Manager at CBI) at [email protected].
Health Care Aide with CBI Health Group
CBI Health Group is the largest network of integrated community health services in Canada. We offer rehabilitation, home health, neurodevelopment and workplace health services across the country. As a casual Health Care Aide within our CBI Home Health team, you will call upon your nurturing and assisting skills to provide overall care to clients. In this position you will assist clients with personal care, lifts and transfers, toileting, bathing, and feeding. You will also provide light housekeeping support, prepare meals, accompany clients to appointments, and be a companion.
Please have a look at the following job posting: Health Care Aide CBI Health Group
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] indicating which shifts you are available for (Shifts are 7am – 3pm, 3pm – 11pm and 11pm to 7am). Must be able to work weekends.
Strategic Aviation is Hiring
Strategic Aviation is an emerging company offering a rapidly-broadening range of passenger, cargo and ground support services to Canadian businesses centered around aviation. Strategic Aviation is the largest Canadian owned ground handling company in the world.
Field Operation roles available:
- Ground Service Agents (Starting at $15/hr)
- Cabin Cleaning Agents (Starting at $13.50/hr)
- Customer Service Agents
- Passenger Assistance Agents
What Strategic Aviation offers to employees:
- A competitive wage with an increase after probation of 3 months
- Dental / Medical benefits for full-time employees
- Flight benefits
- Advancement Opportunities