To apply for the Laptop Assistance Program, you must be a registered and continuing student, and you must be studying in Canada. To enquire about the LAP, please e-mail [email protected]. Up to a $600 credit will be applied to your College account for the next semester, given proof of purchase (a receipt, proof of payment, details of laptop specifications meeting College requirements and a photo of the serial number). The purchase must be made using Canadian currency from a reputable Canadian retailer (such as: Amazon.ca, Best Buy, London Drugs, Staples, The Source, etc.) and within the last 4 months.
- Operating System: Windows 10 or newer (Not eligible: Windows in S Mode)*
- Minimum Memory: 8GB Memory
- Minimum Storage: at least 500GB internal mechanical hard drive or at least 256GB internal Solid-state drive
- Recommended Processor (CPU): Intel Core i5 or higher (8th gen or newer), or AMD Ryzen 5 or higher (3rd gen or newer) (Not eligible: any other processors that are not in the recommended list, such as Intel Core i3 or AMD Ryzen 3)
- The laptop must have a camera and microphone
- Chromebooks, Android tablets, Apple computers and iPads and non-Windows tablets are not eligible for credit under the Laptop Assistance Program
- Refurbished laptops would need prior approval from IT Services to qualify for any credits under the Laptop Assistance Program.
Additional requirements: Students must confirm with Student Services regarding their student status for the Fall 2022 term and pay a deposit for their tuition before 5pm August 12, 2022. Any students not continuing or registered for the Fall 2022 term will not be eligible for the Laptop Assistance Program.
Deadline: all eligible students must submit their completed applications by August 14, 2022. Any applications with missing documents will be considered as incomplete and will not be eligible or approved for any tuition credits.
If you have any questions, please e-mail [email protected].