To apply for the Laptop Assistance Program, you must be a registered student, and you must be studying in Canada. To enquire about the LAP, please e-mail [email protected]. Up to a $600 credit will be applied to your College account for the next semester, given proof of purchase (a receipt, proof of payment, details of laptop specifications meeting College requirements and a photo of the serial number). The purchase must be made using Canadian currency from a reputable Canadian retailer (such as: Amazon.ca, Best Buy, London Drugs, Staples, The Source, etc.) and within the last 4 months.
- Operating System: Windows 10 or newer (Not eligible: Windows in S Mode)*
- Minimum Memory: 8GB Memory
- Minimum Storage: at least 500GB internal mechanical hard drive or at least 256GB internal Solid-state drive
- Recommended Processor (CPU): Intel Core i5 or higher (8th gen or newer), or AMD Ryzen 5 or higher (3rd gen or newer) (Not eligible: any other processors that are not in the recommended list, such as Intel Core i3 or AMD Ryzen 3)
- The laptop must have a camera and microphone
- Chromebooks, Android tablets, Apple computers and iPads and non-Windows tablets are not eligible for credit under the Laptop Assistance Program
- Refurbished laptops would need prior approval from IT Services to qualify for any credits under the Laptop Assistance Program.
If you have any questions, please e-mail [email protected].