Columbia College’s experienced academic advisers assist you with program and course selection prior to and during each semester’s registration. They also assist you with career planning and university selection. Typically, a student meets with an academic adviser on a one-to-one basis and a study plan is worked out. An academic adviser will fill in a course planning form in which the courses appropriate to your intended major are filled in and an appointment date set for registration.
Canada Immigration officials look to the College for advice and recommendations when students apply to renew their Study Permits or when they depart and re-enter the country.
Book an appointment with an Academic Adviser!
- Drop in to the Student Services office (Room 211) at the Main Campus. Appointments are made on a first-come first-served basis. OR
- Book an appointment online.
Students can meet an academic adviser at Student Services anytime to course plan for the next semester. Please note that there may be a long wait during busy periods – your patience is appreciated at these times.
Before you see an academic adviser, you must:
- Pick up the Semester Timetable (available online, in Student Services, or at Main Reception)
- Pick up a Degree Audit Form for your chosen program (available online or in Student Services)
- Fill in the top 2 lines of your Course Planning Form (available in Student Services when you arrive for your appointment)
- Read the Course Descriptions.