Columbia College Wireless Instructions
Following are the minimum requirements to access the wireless network:
- Device that supports WIFI connection. (Laptops, Smartphones, Tablets, etc.)
- Columbia College student/user account
Connect to “ColumbiaCollege_Secured” wireless network with your device.
Columbia College Computer Usage Guidelines
You must abide with the computer usage guidelines to use the college internet access.
- Use only your designated account when logging in.
- Log out after each use. This prevents other students from accessing your account.
- As a common courtesy to fellow students, log out if the previous user has forgotten. You would appreciate this if you had forgotten.
- Drop-in use is available when there are no classes in session. Hours may be posted on the door of the computer centre every semester.
- Keep the workstation clean by removing scrap papers, eraser/pencil shavings and personal items.
- Food and drinks are not allowed near a computer workstation.
- Respect the rights of other users – no computer/online games or speaking loudly in the computer labs . Internet use including E-mail is limited to 15 minutes when there are other students waiting for their turn to use the computer.
- Respect the integrity of the Computing System – do not delete/modify files and software components.
- Respect the legal protection provided by copyright and license.
- Report any problems immediately to the Computer Support technicians or instructor.
- Students may use their College Account for College related activities only. The account must NOT be used for music or video files.
- Abuse of the computing system will result in suspension of your account. In addition, the college may also deny you registration in any future courses.
About Your Account
- You are solely responsible for your own account. If you forget to log out, someone else will be able to access your account.
- You will be held accountable for any infractions that may occur if you allow your account to be used by someone else. DO NOT SHARE ACCOUNTS.
- Important files should always be backed-up.At the end of each semester (during final exam week), all current accounts will be deleted including your files on the computer.
- Student accounts are not private accounts. The College reserves the right to:
- View the contents of student accounts without notifying the student.
- Terminate the account without notifying the student.
- Your Office 365 access will be valid for 1 year after your last semester at the college.
- Upon request, for students graduated after 2021, your college email account can be extended by 2 years after your last semester at the college.
How To Login
e.g. cc!030584 if date of birth is March 5th 1984
Students are encouraged to change the password upon logging on to their student portal.
How To Get An Account
All students who are registered at Columbia College are automatically created an account.