The Learning Centre offers assistance to students in their coursework and beyond, including individual tutoring sessions in English, Mathematics, Economics, and Social Sciences.
Students can book one to two free 30-minute tutoring appointments per week. If you have any questions or would like to visit the tutors in the Learning Centre, feel free to drop by Room 411 at the Main Campus.
New to the Learning Centre?
Check out this Powtoon video!
Learning Centre Tutors
Fred Tabarsi – Math (except Math 206, 221, 225, 230, and 252)
Monday – Friday 8:30 – 4:00 pm
Amy Logan – English
Monday – Thursday 8:30 – 5:00 pm
Kyla Drzazgowski – English
Wednesday – Saturday 10:00 – 6:30 pm
Amber Ho – English
Monday – Thursday 9:30 – 6:00 pm
Hasan Birer – Economics
Wednesday 10:00 – 2:00 pm / Thursday 12:00 – 4:00 pm
Gabrielle Flores-Santiago – Social Sciences
Drop-In (No Appointment Needed)
Monday – Friday 9:00 – 5:00 pm
Rules about English Tutoring
We are here to help, but please respect the rules!
- You must sign up online before coming to the Tutoring Centre.
- If you are more than 5 minutes late, another student can take your appointment.
- Bring your assignment guidelines so the tutor knows what your instructor expects.
- Be prepared. Please bring a PRINTED copy of your assignment. The tutor will not check anything on your laptop.
- Come with something specific you want to ask about or work on.
- The tutor cannot help a student before sessions or for “just two minutes.” Sessions are a minimum of 30 minutes and must be booked online.
- One student per session.
- The tutor is not here to fix your essay or give you ideas.
- The tutor will offer criticism and advice, point out repeated grammar errors, give you practice to improve your weaknesses, and explain teacher comments and assignments.
Booking an Appointment with a Tutor
If you need help with booking an appointment or you cannot see any available space, feel free to DROP IN to see our Tutors for assistance.
*The Learning Centre is located in ROOM 411 on the Fourth Floor.