College Email, Student Portal and Wi-fi Access
How to log into your Columbia College Email:
Go to www.columbiacollege.ca and click Login at the top right side of the page.
Enter your Username as your Student Number and your password as cc!MMDDYY where MMDDYY is your own date of birth (e.g. cc!082190 if your birthday is August 21st, 1990). Following this initial login, we advise that you change your password for improved security.
It is essential that you check your college email account daily as your instructors will use it to send information about your courses and you will receive important announcements about the College on it.
How to log into your Student Portal:
Go to student.columbiacollege.bc.ca and enter the same username and password as your did for your college email.
(Username: Student Number, Password: cc!MMDDYY)
How to access Wi-fi on campus:
The username and password for wi-fi on campus is the same as your login information for your college email and student portal. (Username = Student Number, Password = cc!MMDDYY)
If you are still unable to access wi-fi after keying in the correct information, visit the IT office on the fourth floor of the Main Campus or e-mail email@example.com.
Before your registration, we recommend that you follow these steps to make sure that you are well prepared for your class selection.
- Check the payment procedure to ensure that you are prepared to pay your fees at the correct time. To pay your tuition fees in advance, click on the My Ledger page in your student portal and click on the “Make Payment” button.
- Show us your MSP coverage so that we can make sure that you are enrolled for the correct insurance plan.
- Ensure that there are no holds on your account that will prevent you from registering. If you have a hold on your account, you will not be able to view your transcript. If you are unsure, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are on academic probation (GPA below 1.7 for two consecutive semesters), you may be required to withdraw from the College. Check your College e-mail account for more information about your next steps.
- Check that you meet the pre-requisites for the courses that you want to take. Click here to view each course description.
How to complete online registration
Registration for continuing students begins in the week after exams. The exact dates will be published on the Student Portal in the build up to the next registration period.
On your registration day:
- Log onto the Student Portal, making sure you have selected the correct term.
- Make sure that your internet browser’s pop-up blocker is turned off. (If an option comes up asking if you want to allow pop-ups, select “Always Allow” or the most similar option.)
- Under “Admin” click “Registration”.
- If you are doing your registration at the correct appointed date and time, you should see a list of available courses.
- To use the search function, put the abbreviated course name and the course number into the next box and then click “Search.” For example, if you are looking for Computer Science 225, you should put CSCI 225 in the box.
- Click the “Add” box to put the class on your registration list.
- In order to register in a course, you must have satisfied both the prerequisite and co-requisite (see the course descriptions for more information).
- To finalize your registration, click on the blue “Process Registration” button.
- Once you click the “Process Registration” button, you will be officially registered. You will be led to a Registration Checkout page that will show your class schedule.
- You can add or drop courses yourself on the Portal. You will only be able to add a course if you have enough money in your account to pay for the course.
- You can add yourself to the waitlist for the second year courses only. To add your name to waitlist, email email@example.com with your name, student ID number and the class that you would like to add. You will be contacted on your student email address if a space becomes available in a course that you are on the waitlist for.
Lab Courses: If you are intending to take a lab science course, you have to register yourself for the lab section as well, according to your availability.
Double Probation: If you are on double probation (your GPA was below 1.7 for two consecutive semesters), you will be blocked from registration. To be given permission to register, you must submit an appeal.
What to do if there are issues with your registration
- If you are not able to register online, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your email please include your full name (as stated in your passport), your student ID number and a detailed explanation of your issue. Leaving out this information will lead to a delay in us resolving your problem.
- Example: My name is Gurlal Singh, student number 709459. I have registered in three courses: PHYS 110 sec 8, SOCI 110 sec 11 and MATH 110 sec 14. I wish to drop my SOCI 110 to replace with PSYC 110.
Please note that during the Registration period, Student Services business hours are Monday to Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. Emails will not be responded to outside of these hours. Emails will be responded to in the order they are received once business hours resume.