Frequently Asked Questions

Student Services

See a counselor in Student Services for more information about courses, programs, associate degrees, and certificates. See also Courses.

See an academic advisor before the end of week one of each semester to change classes/sections.

See an academic advisor before the end of week 9 to withdraw from a class.

Students wishing to transfer to 2nd Year studies at university normally require between 24-30 credits, but you can transfer up to 60 credits. Students who wish to transfer to 3rd Year studies normally require 54-60 credits.

Application forms (with instructions) are available in Student Services. See the Nurse or academic advisor for assistance. As well, refer to the online MSP insurance application here.

You are welcome to speak, in privacy, with a counsellor, academic advisor, or the Nurse about any problems you are having.

Yes. See the Scholarships and Awards section of the Calendar.

See an academic advisor. Also read the Transferability of University Courses section of the Calendar.
You can also view the BC Transfer Guide.

Book an appointment at the Learning Centre here.

If you are an Associate Degree or University Transfer student, to book an appointment with an academic advisor visit Student Services in Room 211 on the 2nd floor of the Main Campus. You can also book an appointment online.

If you are a High School student, go to the front desk on the fourth floor of the North Campus to book an appointment.

Refer to Working Off Campus for more information about working.

See Immigration for information on inviting friends and relatives from countries that require a visa.

Speak to an academic advisor by going to the front desk on the fourth floor of the North Campus to book an appointment.

Check out the list of clubs that are currently offered at the College here. To start a club, email the Student Life Coordinator.

Find out more about our Homestay program.

If you decide to look for somewhere to live independently, the Internet is the best place to get an idea about the rental real estate market of Vancouver. Websites like Craigslist, Kijiji and PadMapper are a good place to start your search for a new place. Find out more information about accommodation here

To be eligible for the post-graduate work permit (PGWP), you must maintain your status as a full-time student at a Designated Learning Institution. See Immigration for further information about the PGWP.

No, there will be no problem with your study permit if you change majors. You are not bound by the program that was written in your Letter of Acceptance (LOA) or by the program indicated on your study permit.

Please speak with an Academic Advisor regarding this question.