Moroccan Home Cooking
April 17 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Get insights into Moroccan cooking secrets and ingredients in this hands-on class! You will learn the best tips for cooking authentic Moroccan food at home. You will be welcomed into the host’s family like old friends, and we will prepare together a traditional Moroccan starter & Moroccan tajine using a normal cooking pot. Ingredients will be shared with you after you sign up, so you know exactly what to prepare in time. If you need a vegetarian/vegan option, please make sure to inform this on the sign-up form and you will receive the replacement ingredient closer to date. Sign up by Wednesday, April 14, 3pm.
What you need to participate
- Ingredients you need to prepare for the cooking class (per one person):
- Equipment: Moroccan tajine (if you have) or a regular cooking pot, 1 pan, 1 pot or cooker for boiling, chopping board and knife, a teaspoon, a colander/strainer, a grater, a fork, and 2 bowls
- Meat: Chicken (legs/wings/breast) *For vegetarians, the chicken can be replaced with cauliflower or tofu.
- Vegetables: 1 potato, 2 tomato, 1 carrot, 1 zucchini, 1 onion, 1 aubergine/eggplant (medium size)
- Fruit: 1 preserved lemon or 1 regular lemon
- 4 tablespoons of chopped parsley and coriander
- Spices: Salt, black pepper, sweet or smoked paprika, curcuma (turmeric), Ginger powder, cumin, ras el hanout (optional), safran (optional), garlic (1 head of garlic or 8 cloves of garlic)
- Olive or sunflower or vegetable oil
The chef of this cooking class: Kawtar! She is a Moroccan traveler who likes to learn about other countries’ cultures and history, and try local food. Check out her Instagram page!