This spring, we are riding for Ride Don’t Hide 2021. Ride Don’t Hide is a national movement that helps people take care of their own mental health while taking care of their community.
These days, so many of us don’t feel like ourselves.
The pandemic is making it harder to get help. Everyone struggles sometimes, and everyone deserves to feel well. That includes me and you.
Ride Don’t Hide helps people get back to themselves. At Columbia College, we are riding for the mental health of our students, staff, instructors, and all of our families. We are also raising funds to get one more person help from the Canadian Mental Health Association.
We ask you to join us!
We are looking for riders – and walkers, runners, yogis, spinners, dancers, families, rope-jumpers , HIIT trainers and more – to join the Columbia College team.
In Ride Don’t Hide, you choose your own adventure:
- You can ride outside, ride inside, or ride in spirit—spin, walk, run, do yoga, jump rope, lift heavy things, play tag with your kids, have a kitchen dance party…
- Use the Ride Don’t Hide app to track your activity and work towards our team goal.
- Send family and friends to your personal fundraising page to collect donations for mental health.
Download the Ride Don’t Hide Mobile App!
Take your fundraising experience on the go! Update your page, send emails, check your progress and track your activity – all from the palm of your hand.
Ride Don’t Hide lets us be exactly who we are
This is a welcoming, inclusive community event. It brings friends, families and community members together to move more, give back and feel better.
- Science tells us that moving your body through aerobic activities like running, jogging, cycling or brisk walking can improve psychological well-being.
- Exercise improves mental health by reducing anxiety, depression and negative mood and by improving self-esteem and cognitive function.
- Set your own goal, move your body in your own way, and improve your physical and mental health!
- Loneliness is as bad for your health as smoking. Ride Don’t Hide rallies people to defeat loneliness, and to support one of the most important causes of our times—and of our lives.
- People who give their time to help others have greater self-esteem, less depression and lower stress levels than those who don’t.
- As a participant, you’ll get tips, tools, tricks and activities to help you take care of your own mental health, even while you’re taking care of others.
- Ride Don’t Hide riders are some of the most passionate, dedicated and courageous mental health advocates. Join us!
Do you want to ride along with us?
Join us by getting on your bike—real or virtual—and fundraising for mental health. Learn more and register to join our team at www.ridedonthide.com.
Let’s do this!
P.S. If you can’t ride this year, please consider sponsoring us in our team goal to raise $2,000 to help more people access mental health support.
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) is the most established, most extensive community mental health organization in Canada. Through a strong community presence in over 330 locations across every province and one territory. CMHA provides programs, advocacy and resources that help prevent mental health problems and illnesses, support recovery and resilience, and enable all Canadians to flourish and thrive. CMHA branches and regions provide a wide range of innovative services and supports tailored to the needs and resources of the communities where they are based. These programs and services help Canadians of all ages celebrate, protect and support their mental health so we can all thrive in meaningful and productive lives.
CMHA is on the ground in over 330 communities across Canada.
CMHA programs and services directly impact over 1.3m Canadians each year, and millions more through education and advocacy online.
All funds raised by ride don’t hide support local Canadian mental health association branches/regions and their programs and services.