- This event has passed.
Community Connections Program
March 26, 2022
Are you looking to gain valuable work experience for Summer 2022? Columbia College’s Community Connections program is looking for students to take on paid employment with local non-profit and community benefit organizations for a 14-week placement (May to August).
- Must be a current Columbia College student and will be enrolled for the Summer 2022 semester
- Eligible to work in Canada and must have a valid Social Insurance Number
- Good academic standing; not on academic probation
- Must have completed at least 20+ credits as well as ENG 100 (OK if you are currently in the process of completing 20+ credits or close to 20 credits)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is considered an asset
- Previous experience working or volunteering with non-profit organizations is considered an asset
- Must be eligible and willing to complete a Criminal Record Check
- Application Deadline: Extended to March 26
- Initial screening interview: March 22-25
- Organization Interviews with shortlisted students: Mid to Late April
- Externship Placements: May – August 2022
Watch last semester’s info session here if you missed it: Community Connections Info Session (Nov 17)
List participating organizations (Click to read more about each organization):
- Friends of Granville Island
- 312 Main
- Pacific Immigrant Resources Society (PIRS)
- Free Periods Canada
*Participating organizations are subject to change. More organizations may be added in the following weeks
Send your resume AND cover letter to Career Advisor, Linus Leow, at [email protected]. Deadline to apply is March 26.
Cover letter should include reasons as to why you are looking to get experience with local, community based, non-profit organizations.