- This event has passed.
International Young Professional Series Episode 1
June 11, 2020 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
INTERNATIONAL YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SERIES
Are you interested in a career within the Business field? Come learn from and connect with former international students and Columbia College Alumni now employed as established young professionals across highly recognized companies such as KPMG, Best Buy, MNP, and Seaspan.
What you can expect:
- Experience sharing, thoughtful conversations, and tips and tricks from former international students and CC alumni who know what the business career journey is like
- Learn about business professions such as Financial Analyst, Business Specialist, Human Resources and Tax Consultant
- Discuss business-related topic areas such as marketing, e-commerce, accounting, entrepreneurship and recruitment
- Networking opportunities. Meet established young professionals and gain insight into the business field
- Time for questions and answers from the audience
Episode 1 featuring Nazar Toktonaliev:
Nazar Toktonaliev, Program Finance Analyst at Seaspan
I came to Columbia College in 2009 to study in the Business UT program at CC. I am originally from Kyrgyzstan. Spent two years at CC (I think I even received a Scholarship from CC). Transferred to SFU Beedie Business School in 2012 and graduated with concentration in Accounting in 2014. Earned my CPA since then, worked in Accounting/Finance in multiple public and private companies in transportation/aviation industries. Worked on my own e-commerce business with another CC alumni for about year or so. Currently employed as a Program Finance Analyst at Seaspan.
Please contact our Career Advisor, Linus Leow, at [email protected] if you are interested in attending or if you have questions